Nice.  :-)  Although, in their defense, they may really have meant FOOBAR and
not FUBAR - they're two completely different things.  The fact that the later
seems to apply in many cases is beside the point.  ;-)

Lyle

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Wednesday SRM Humor

**
I've been troubleshooting a bug in SRM 2.2 patch 2 where you can't relate
Change and Incident templates to AOTs.  As a part of my troubleshooting, In my
investigations, it appears that BMC hardcoded a field in the search criteria
for Incident and Change templates that doesn't exist on either the HPD or CHG
Template forms.

However, that field does exist on a form called SRM:SampleAppTemplate.  When I
opened that form to look, I saw what BMC's developers really think about the
SRM product --  the Assigned Group field on that form has a default value of
"FOOBAR".

So we see that not only do BMC developers appear to have a low opinion of their
product, but their bugs are not limited to the application itself.  Even their
spelling of FUBAR is incorrect.

It could be worse though.  At least they're not as bad as Microsoft.  :)

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Southern Union

Private and confidential as detailed