Can you have your Windows guys change the runtime parameters of AR User on
Vista to run in XP mode?  I wonder if that might address the problem.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From:         Rabi Tripathi <ars_l...@yahoo.com>

Date:         Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:07:51
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: Re: ARS 6.3 p20 on SunOS 5.9: memory leak? What patch do you use?

Shyam,
Upgrade is on the list, but not right away. I am considering going to the
highest patch for 6.3, patch 25.

Different question: does anybody have Remedy user 6.3 (patch 20) running in
Windows vista against ARS 6.3 patch 20? In Solaris?

Another question: What is the first version of Remedy User that supports Vista?
And is anybody using it against 6.3 server?

Fun stuff:
I just found out that our helpdesk switched from Windows XP to Vista roughly
around the time the issue started. They hacked the installer to have it install
on Vista. I had no clue. So one theory is that a memory leak in arserverd was
triggered by 6.3 clients running in Vista instead of Windows XP?? Sounds weird,
but I don't know how else to explain it. Solaris patches were applied on the
server, but I am still trying to find out details.

And this just in:
arserverd is now using 1.2 GB of memory, up from 0.540 GB yesterday. Our
monitoring data isn't process specific, so I can't be sure, but looks like it
was a gradual increase over night as it was pretty constant until late
afternoon yesterday during my manual checks.