I have always considered Administration the use of the User tool to manage
Data within the existing application, Development being the
Install/Setup/Change of applications

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Meyer, Jennifer L
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:13 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: What's the difference between a Remedy Administrator and a Remedy
Developer?

I'm going to open up a HUGE can of worms today, just because I can.  I keep
seeing these hiring requests come in for Administrators OR Developers but
not both, and every time I do, I think "What the Heck?"

I've been doing software development and administration for better than a
decade now, and devoted more than eight years of that time to Remedy, and
I'm still not certain which skills fall into which bucket.

So just for giggles, I'll start a list, and the rest of you add onto it.

Jennifer Meyer

ADMINISTRATOR SKILLS
Server Administration
Database Administration
Install the AR System on the Server
Install the Applications on the Server
Troubleshoot the Installations and Re-Install (Inevitably) Configure the
Applications Import Data to the Applications System Performance and Tuning

DEVELOPER SKILLS
Requirements Analysis and Design of proposed workflow changes Modify
existing applications using the Remedy Administrator Tool Create new forms
and workflow using the Remedy Administrator Tool Test, Test, and Test form
and workflow changes Documentation (IMHO underrated and underperformed)