Only caveats are the native libraries used by the Remedy Java api.  These
will need to be in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH when tomcat is started.

Deploying the mid-tier is just like deploying any other j2ee
war/ear/directory/application.

Mid-Tier will run as the user that Tomcat runs as.  For this reason, the
files deployed with the application should be owned by that user so that the
mid-tier config page can update the config.properties located in the
WEB-INF/classes directory.  Not sure what you mean by 'mid-tier will be
installed as yet another non-root user.'

Axton Grams