Hmm. I don't see where you find the "run my html page as a user" analogy.

I understand midtier's files are not executables. My simple concern is that
since Midtier files will be owned by a user different than the user tomcat runs
as, I need to find a way to have tomcat work with this situation. I will
experiment with permissions on midtier's files. I can change the group owner of
the midtier files, so changing it to a group tomcat user is a member of and
changing group permissions may do the trick.

Besides this issue, I am trying to find out what I need to have them do with
the httpd.conf. I will start with the section on updating httpd.conf for
uninstalling midtier. Adding that part should work.

Thanks for your comment.