Hi Jason and those interested in testing this for me,

Quick update. I did take the XML def file of the active link that opens the
dialog box.. It looks normal. The windowMode is dialog.

I also created a temp character field like I said I would in my original post,
and things get even more weirder here..

On creating that temp field and setting it to $OPERATION$, and opening the
dialog box on the web, it gets set to the value QUERY.

The odd thing is on the User tool, the client DOES open a dialog box and
doesn't let me click into the parent window. HOWEVER although it does seem to
open a dialog box, the temp field gets set with the value CREATE.. How weird is
that!

Anyone with a bit of time on hand willing to try this out?

My configuration is
DB: Oracle 10 Release 2
OS: Windows 2003
ARS: 7.5 Patch 2
Mid-Tier: 7.5 Patch 2
Web Server: IIS 6.0
Servelet: Tomcat 5.5.25

Joe

PS: Jason, I hope you do not mind my CC. I have been experiencing problems
posting to the list from my yahoo account where some of my posts for some
reason do not show up until much much later. In one case one of my posts showed
up after exactly a month. An August 8th post showed up on Sept 8th..