  From: Brittain, Mark
  Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:30 AM
  Subject: Indexing help

  **
  Good morning,

  I think I inherited a mess and need some help with indexing. If I have an
  Status
  Assigned Group
  Assigned Person

  And the query is Assigned Group and Assigned Person does the index get
ignored because Status was not used?

  What if I have similar indexes like these

  Index 1
  Status
  Assigned Group
  Assigned Person

  Index 2
  Assigned Group

  Index 3
  Assigned Person

  Are these redundant?

  Also is there and good information out there that really gets into the nuts
and bolts of indexing?

  Thanks
  Mark
  Mark Brittain
  Remedy Developer
  NaviSite
  mbritt...@navisite.com
  (315) 453-2912 x5418 (Phone)
  (315) 317.2897 (Cell)
  Reduce Cost of IT with Managed Hosting and Application Services from
NaviSite.
  Visit www.NaviSite.com Today.

  This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.