Hi LJ,

Is the term you were searching for "index selectivity"?

I would think that in this case an index on assignee name would be the
most effective as it would be pretty selective always.

I guess when the database grows large which is when you need your
index then an index on "status" would be selective enough to make a
difference. This index will immediately ignore all of the old closed
tickets and just find the hopefully few open ones.

If it were me I'd index A and C seperately and forget about B. I would
expect the A index to be ignored until the database got very large and
the query was against open tickets.

Rod