Remember that ADDM needs its own SQL Server, using case sensitive collation
instead of the normal (default) case insensitive collation that is preferred
for the ARSystem database.  We have both the SQL Server and the ADDM server on
one box, and it registers some serious CPU activity when a scheduled scan kicks
off.

We evaluated Analytics and Dashboards last spring, and Analytics is going to
want its own SQL Server db, although it could be shared in the same instance or
a different instance of SQL Server on the db server you use for AR System.  We
found that you couldn't/shouldn't put any of the mid-tier, Analytics, or
Dashboards web servers on the same server with each other; in particular,
Analytics and mid-tier would not cohabit.

If I had to do it all on three boxes, I would expect that separating the web
components is the most problematic aspect:

1. AR System/AtriumCore/ITSM, Mid-Tier, Flashboards
2. SQL Server for AR System, Analytics, and the Analytics server which includes
BOXI server
3. SQL Server for ADDM, ADDM, and Dashboards (which points at the ARSystem db)

If you decide to install the web services for AtriumCore 7.5, that needs to be
separate from the AR/ITSM server (requires Java 1.6) and you might have
problems finding a home for that on the other two boxes.  ADDM requires Java
1.4.2_13 for its console (that's a whole 'nother topic).

The ideal would be to spin off all of the web servers to 3 separate servers or
VMs (4 with AtriumCore web services) for security and maintenance reasons.  I
have found that it is next to impossible to upgrade any one BMC web component
without disrupting any other that shares the same web server, unless you run
them on separate instances of tomcat with non-standard ports.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/