From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Louise van Hine
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:07 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Job: Sr. Remedy Admin - Maryland - 6 month contract to hire

jtkitche wrote:

> List,
>
> This will go quickly.  I need US Citizen Admins not Developers.  If
> you are a developer that can do admin work send me a resume focused on
> admin versus development.  My client has stated several times... I do
> not want to see developer resumes.  Call with Questions.
>
> This position requires a candidate be a US Citizen and clearable to a
> DOE Q.  Please note this position is for an Administrator.  Candidates
> with mostly developer experience will not be considered.  This
> position requires a Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Management
> Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering, Computer
> Information Systems, or a related field) or equivalent, and 7+ years
> of related experience.
>
> Senior Remedy Systems Administrator
>
> U.S. Citizenship Required - Active Security Clearance Preferred
>
> Germantown, MD

> * Administration of Remedy 7.x Action Request System
>
> * Administration of Remedy 7.x ITSM suite applications (Incident,
> Change, Problem, Asset Management, Knowledge Mgmt, SLM, SRM)
>
> * Administration (creation, modification, and archival) of company,
> support group, location, and other foundation data elements.
>
> * Troubleshoot software & hardware problems, and identify, implement,
> & document system fixes.
>
> * Analyze Remedy system performance and implement improvements as
> necessary.
>
> * Participate in formal software development activities including CMMI
> certification.
>
> * Adhere to all relevant team development standards and methodologies
>
> * B.S./B.A. in Information Systems, Computer Science, related field,
> or equivalent work experience
>
> Platforms:  ORACLE/Sun Solaris
> Other Remedy Tools:  Remedy Migrator/Data Management Mid-Tier ARS
> Administration on ITSM Modules
>
> Respectfully,
>

> Joshua Kitchen
> Recruiter
> Kforce Federal Staffing
> 937.449.1749 office
>
> Great People = Great Results(r)
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments,
> confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
> use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
> destroy all copies of the original.

I think that if you post a job requirement for someone to do performance
tuning and development, you are going to need a developer.  No?   Is that
what "participate in development activities" and "Adhere to all relevant
team development standards and methodologies" sort of implies ?  If you want
someone to do development and you want to pay them for being an admin then
just say "My customer is too cheap to pay for a developer and will someone
take less money" like you did last time with the midrange developer salary
with a job description that requires a seasoned technical lead.  And that is
going to be tough to do when you require a security clearance too.  There is
only a subset of developers with security clearances, and the rates aren't
lower for security cleared developers and admins; it is higher.
Nabble.com.