From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Bill Myers
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Mid-tier and Scanners

**

Is it possible to have a scanner interact directly with a Remedy 7.1
mid-tier application.  The scanner we are using is a Symbol running IE on
WinCE 5.01.  We have the mid-tier application on the scanner display, but,
can't get any workflow to fire.  So far, we've not discovered a scanner
configuration or workflow setting that will work.

I've searched the archives and have seen where this subject is brought up,
but, no answer is provided.  At least that I could find.  BMC support has
been unable to provide any information.  Hopefully, the answer doesn't
involve more software.

ARS 7.1 patch 2 on Windows 2003 server

Oracle 10g on Linux

Mid-tier 7.1 - Apache/Tomcat on Windows 2003 server

Thanks!

Bill Myers

Remedy Developer

Datacraft Solutions, Inc.