From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Thad K Esser
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:06 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Submitter of an Ad-Hoc Approval Record

**
We have the exact same customization request, but for ITSM 7.0.3.  The
only active link or filter in the entire system that does an Add-Sig (in
7.0.3 anyway) run-process is
INT:APRCHG:CSG:SaveNextApprover_RefreshFields_217_Close.  So with that
in mind, the two options we're considering are:

1.  Modify the Application Command Add-Sig in the above active link to
include the -l option, and pass in $USER$.  The -l option is intended to
support multi-tenancy and will set field id 112 on AP:Signature.  You
can only get away with this if you aren't using multi-tenancy.  We'd
then put a filter on ap:signature (on submit) to move the value to
either the Submitter field or a field we add.  Of course, field 112
would need to be set back to it should be.

2.  Create a form to use as a control.  In the above active link add a
push to this form that pushes change id and $USER$ (and maybe approvers
list?).  Then create a filter on submit of ap:signature that reads the
submitter value from that form.  And then, of course delete the record
on the control form.

Keep in mind, that's just a high-level description.  Neither of those
options seem real great to me, and we haven't actually tried either of
them yet, so take it for what its worth.

Let me know if you come up with a better way.

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Now... Just where did I put that cheese...?"

Kevin Shaffer <kevin_l_shaf...@hotmail.com>

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

10/27/2009 05:51 AM

Submitter of an Ad-Hoc Approval Record

Sent by:

"Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

CM 7.5

I have a need to identify who created an ad-hoc approval record when an
ad-hoc approval record is added to a change record.  The ad-hoc approval
records are created using the Application-Command Approval "Add-Sig"
command.  The submitter of the approval record (AP:Signature) is always
showing "Remedy Application Service" in the Submitter field.  Is there
another place that stores who actually submitted the approval record or
will I need to customize to capture $USER$.

Steps to Reproduce:

1.  Open an existing change
2.  Click on Approvers Tab
3.  Click the Add button
4.  Populate the Individual/Group
5.  Click Save.

Goal:  I want to report on the user that clicked the Add button
(submitted the approval record).

I hope I am just missing something obvious here.  TIA

Kevin

Are"_

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment,
contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is
intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including
any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature. *

Are"_