From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Server Information form time out

I've had this problem.

1.) Stop the server

2.) Comment out the java plugin process in the armonitor.conf file -
this is largely unused by the Remedy application suite.  The only thing
I know for sure that uses it is the data collector module in SLM.
Comment it out anyway to give it a try.

3.) Make sure you have this line in your ar.conf file:

Server-Plugin-Alias: REMEDY.ARDBC.SERVER.ADMINISTRATION
REMEDY.ARDBC.SERVER.ADMI
NISTRATION your_server_name_here:port#

You can skip the colon and port # if you're using portmapper.  I've
always found it easier to NOT use portmapper on Solaris for a variety of
reasons related to security.

If that works then un-comment out the java plugin server and try it
again.

I've had identical installs (varying only by port #, server name, and db
server name) behave differently running on the same server at the same
time.  One would run the java plugin server and the other wouldn't.
This was with every possible combination of having one or both of them
online at the same time, one or the other down, order of starting them
up, etc.  Never did find the reason....

William Rentfrow
Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.
wrentf...@stratacominc.com