There really isn't a right way to do it but here is what we did and seems to
work very well -- especially if you have an app that is completely custom:

<Company Abbreviation>:<App  Abbreviation>:<Form Name>-on_<Action>-<Description>

I didn't follow the convention for everything (as you can see below) but does
make things more readable.  Here are some examples:

MYCOMP:CRM:Contacts-on_btn_Save-001- CallGuideCheckPhoneLength
MYCOMP:CRM:Contacts-on_btn_Save-002- Commit
MYCOMP:CRM:Contacts-on_btn_Close-001-CloseWindow
MYCOMP:CRM:Contacts-on_lose_focus_Phone-001-CallGuideCheckPhoneLength
MYCOMP:CRM:Contacts-guide_PhoneLength-001-GetPhoneLength
MYCOMP:CRM:Contacts-guide_PhoneLength-002-CheckPhoneLength
MYCOMP:CRM:Contacts-guide_PhoneLength-003-DisplayPhoneLengthError

GuideName:
MYCOMP:CRM:Contacts:CheckPhoneLength

You can also make the names shorter by not using the company abbreviation.  We
chose not to do that so that we could group our custom work into one place away
from ITSM.

Thanks,

Sean