From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of dhut...@tds.net
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 3:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Add-Attachment fail on Filter

Hyunkel v2.0 wrote:
** I'm trying now to add the attachment to the field, but guess i'm doing something wrong.

For add the attachment i'm using a filter with a Run Process that calls for:

$PROCESS$ PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT 536880912 "/home/remedy/fit_ftp/other.txt"

The filter is getting executed but, the attachment is not being attached to the field.

Do i need to do anything, or am i missing something?

Best Regards

*Hugo Ruesga*
*perotsystems*^*®*
US  972.577.7000
MX +52 (33) 3332.3868

/The information contained in and transferred with this electronic message is intended only for the recipient(s) designated above, it is protected by law and it may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, or use it, and do not disclose it to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. //Thank you./

I'm curious to see if the problem is both ways. Save the file into the attachment field, and remove from the server.

Add a filter the runs PERFORM-ACTION-SAVE-ATTACHMENT 536880912 "/home/remedy/fit_ftp/other.txt"

Also, have you tried running from the Run Process instead of $PROCESS$ ?

Do you have a Db-Max-Attach-Size set in the ar.conf?

Yes, it should work the same unless something was done wrong. Could be a good reason it is in the List...

Since error handling was mentioned; if the $PROCESS$ is set in the attachment field, it should get a data type error pop up; unless we are on a version with error trap, and the filter has one. I'm sure everyone looking at this thread would like to see the filter log. I would not mind getting the filter in a def file.

-David