From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Frank Caruso
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:05 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remote MidTier Server

**
Windows 2003
SQL Server 2005
ARS 7.1p6
MidTier 7.1p5
ITSM 7.03

Will locating a Remedy MidTier server closer to a group of users help with
performance?

Some of our remote sites are feeding off of very small pipes back to the ARS
host. Users frequently get errors popping up in the MidTier which I can only
figure are due to network latencies. Use of the Remedy user tool can also be
painfully slow. We have fixed some issues with network routes (5 hops) but
looking at ping times of 500 - 600 ms. I have built a new web server at the
remote site and am now in the process of caching the forms. So far this process
has been very slow - around 30 minutse to cache Home page and Incident console.

Any thoughts on whether users will see an increase in performance?

Frank Caruso
Iraq