I am sitting in Dallas Airport (DFW) waiting for a delayed plane. (Big weather here today - but good meetings none the less)

Chris/gang,

Kinetic Request can do what you are asking about.
See example:
http://img.skitch.com/20100129-fca5mkwenyed1rery2t8nrnttq.jpg

Basically the "Catalog Page" which we call a "Launcher" is a collection of Remedy queries that get rendered through what we call a "partial". Or possibly multiple partials. A partial can actually have more than one source (Requests, Incidents, Changes, Purchase Orders, Complaints, etc...)

A launcher can have 0 to many queries (from any Remedy source) to display what you want.

The samples we ship with do not do this -- as we do not assume you own ITSM or anything on Remedy. (In fact - we have users that exclusively use Kinetic Request for their request management (meaning no Incidents or Changes etc.... created). ) Kinetic can actually be a fulfillment target itself.

However - people do use Kinetic Request for front ending ITSM, CSS, Purchase Orders etc...

To get it to work - is a matter of configuring the Launcher partials.
(Basically - change the queries (or add additional) to point to the proper source form - with proper criteria - then modify the partial to display the columns and look/feel that you want.)

Example of showing worklog from an incident in ITSM 7:
http://img.skitch.com/20100129-dj6anufe1fu7wuud6kt1xx1jxy.jpg

Generally I would shy away from discussing "incidents" and "incident numbers" with an end-user -- as all things should be Kinetic :) -- more realistically - I think you want to think of the "fulfillment" as blackbox and where and how something is fulfilled is not of concern to the requester. The thing a requester should think of is their "request" -- with it's ID (if relevant).

Again - more realistically - people do actually have Incidents (without requests) -- and it would be of value to look at them. So - the capability is there.

(I expect we have this written up in a how-to of some sort -- I will look it up and send directly)

Have fun!!! and enjoy the Texas weather -- MN is -9 tonight. (That is not 9 degrees below freezing -- it is 41 degrees below freezing (as in the difference between 73 and 32 -- yet again 32 to -9))

-John