Thanks, Eric.  I'll take a look at that.

Lyle

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Roys, Eric D
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 12:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Is there something akin to an "eval" function

**
Lyle,

If you want to keep it inside Remedy... here's a rudimentary example of using
dynamic workflow to accomplish similar... you could expand upon this concept to
achieve what you are trying (still not as easy as EVAL but doesn't require you
to wait for BMC to build it into ARS).

http://communities.bmc.com/communities/docs/DOC-2798

Perhaps it will get you further than the ITSM model of dealing with
notifications which isn't, as you've found, as dynamic is it could/should be
because it still requires a good amount of workflow to be changed just to add a
new field to the notification text. The only code change required for this is
the initial attachment of the code to the form. All notification changes
(adding free text or new field values) involves updating data - yes, a novel
concept!

Let me know if you have problems getting to the article on BMCDN. There's a zip
file with documentation and example workflow (developed in 7.1).

HTH,

Kind Regards,

Eric