From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Sharon Menachem
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 12:25 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Production Emails Down - Required field not specified ... 451 and no
outgoing

**
Hi Everyone,

I have the dubious pleasure of joining the ranks of those having problems
upgrading to 7.5 (in production, test was a snap!)

To cut a long story short upgrade from ARsystem 7.1 patch 4 to 7.5 patch 3 on
Windows with SQL and Helpdesk 6.0. Success with everything except email which
would not install properly. The directory structure in the registry was all
fouled up, no service was installed etc. Eventually I removed all traces of the
email engine installations and installed patch 4 in a completely separate
directory according to the BMC structure - program files\BMC Software etc.
Finally the email service came up.

I now have incoming email messages being deleted with the error:

Feb 15, 2010 12:54:06 PM com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.LoggingModule doWork
SEVERE: ERROR (307): Required field (without a default) not specified; 451
ERROR (307): Required field (without a default) not specified; 450
Message will be deleted without logging in email messages form because there is
an error on submit.
Message Id : MAPIMessage1266256445922

Also my outgoing emails are just sitting in the queue and are not going out. No
errors in the email logs, arrerr log, stdout log etc.

BMC are looking into it ... and in the meantime my outgoing queue is at 700
emails and counting.

HELP!

Thanks,

Sharon Menachem