Or do like I do and use the 7.1 Admin tool but do the regedit to enable
server information in the Admin tool again :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 2:44 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: BMC's Bad Idea

Just a thought...

You might also be able to use the driver program (or JavaDriver ) to turn on
the logs too.

--
Carey Matthew Black
BMC Remedy AR System Skilled Professional (RSP) ARS = Action Request

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Grooms, Frederick W
<frederick.w.gro...@xo.com> wrote:
> Update the config file and perform an arsignal -c hostname[:port]

to anything other than the Admin Tool (I assume it was someone running some
huge query via a web service or something), I realized how horrible of an
idea it was for BMC to take away our ability to turn on logging from the
admin tool.  It would also defeat the purpose for me to update the config
file and restart the service.  As a result, I have no way of being able to
know why my server was unavailable.