Hi,

Does anyone use the approval preview functionality in the approval server for
change management?   The concept sounds good since it allows a change manager
to map out the approval plan for a change request based on the attributes but
it seems to have a number of limitations:

- It doesn't preview required approvals unless you're in an approval stage
- When you are in an approval stage, it doesn't preview required approvals
beyond the current approval stage.
- When using level approval processes, it doesn't preview required approvals
beyond the current level of the current process

In essence, the function doesn't appear to be doing a look-ahead and only
really tells the user what information is displayed on the approvers tab of the
infrastructure change form.  Is there something that I'm missing?  I believe
the system has been configured properly per the documentation.  The plugin
loopback RPC socket has been configured and the approval processes (level) are
configured to generate previews in real-time only.  I didn't see much when
scrubbing the message boards.

Any input or suggestions on how to get the preview behavior described above
would be appreciated.  How does everyone else deal with this (or is it a
non-issue)?

Thanks,
Jeff

ARS 7.1 patch 6