From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Begosh
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:55 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: AR System 7.5 Upgrade

** that is good information thanks.  So you went from CMDB 2.2 to CMDB
7.5 patch 4 with just installing the patch?

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Pierson, Shawn <shawn.pier...@sug.com>
wrote:

        **

        I did the CMDB upgrade as well, and didn't have any major
issues.  The AIE is still a bit flaky, so I went in and re-saved my data
exchanges because they weren't running for some reason after the
upgrade.  If you aren't using it, though, there won't be an issue.
Also, I'm not using the CMDB web services so I didn't install those, so
I can't vouch for them on this version.  I used them on 2.2 and had lots
of trouble with it crashing the Mid Tier (they were on the same Tomcat
server) so I didn't continue using them.  AIE gives me more control
anyway so I don't have to worry about external user processes impacting
the performance of my system.

        Oh, one other thing for the ARS upgrade.  If you are on the same
version of Tomcat that ARS 7.1 comes with out of the box, be sure to
uninstall it and all of your stuff on the Mid Tier.  ARS 7.5 comes with
an upgraded version of Tomcat, and it won't upgrade it if you use the
previously installed one.  I don't know if there is any advantage to the
newer version of Tomcat but I figured that it would be beneficial to
update it just for the sake of being on the version that BMC Support
would expect to find if I have an issue.

        Thanks,

        Shawn Pierson