We have two brand new Win 2003 VMWare instances that serve as our Midtier
servers.  We are running version 6.3 Patch 21 of both Midtier and AR server.
These were brought up in January, one for our Production environment and one
for our Development environment.  Back in April, our Production servers IIS
configuration became corrupt.  It would not start back up.  In the event logs,
we saw that it was a slow degradation starting a 7-10 days prior, where it
began having to restart IIS.  After that period, IIS would no longer start up
and our users got the error of Service Unavailable.  We swapped our Dev server
into Prod, and rebuilt the old Prod server into the new Dev server.  Another 6
weeks go by and the new Prod Server had the same issue, completely shutting
down on Memorial day.  So we swapped out the servers again, taking the Dev
server and making it the Prod server.  I have a gut feeling that we will see
this again.  The previous servers were running Windows 2000, and ran flawlessly
for 5 years.  We are tentatively upgrading later this year, but I really do not
want to go through this exercise  every 6 weeks until we finally have them
upgraded.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Smith
Remedy/Web Developer
Providence Health & Services OR
ron.sm...@providence.org
503-216-7866

This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you
may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this
message.