Thank you for this.  We had been experiencing this problem for a while.  We put
the issue on hold since it will take us a while to upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.5

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of LJ LongWing
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 11:36 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Cookies are disabled - RESOLVED

Just for posterity sake, we got this fixed and here is what was needed.

Using Fiddler I was able to determine that a cookie was being set, but the
JavaScript with BMC's login page wasn't able to see the cookie.  When I looked
at the cookie set line I saw this

Set-Cookie:
JSESSIONID=gPxQMSFpzSG2pGy77G5GGHvJ8R4GDP0phnPQcZpTRMQq5pLKKn8n!-39805178;
path=/; HttpOnly

Tomcat gave me

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=03C11BA7BAAA4F43D23C036A74415C6F; Path=/arsys

After a bit of research I found that the path being set to root (/) wasn't an
issue...so I checked the docs on the 'HttpOnly' flag that WebLogic was sending
and found documentation here

http://download-llnw.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13222_01/wls/docs92/webapp/weblogic_xml.html

It has this to say

Specifies whether HttpOnly cookies are enabled. When this element is set to
true, all session cookies would be unavailable to the browser scripts. The
default value is true. Therefore, HttpOnly cookies are enabled by default.

This essentially means that session cookies are unavailable to
JavaScript...which is of course what Remedy uses to check to verify that
cookies are enabled.  Setting this value to false and restarted the WebLogic
server stopped this particular issue.

Now, here is my question....being this is the 'default' behavior of
WebLogic....I would expect EVERYONE that uses WebLogic to need to know about
this setting, I would expect that BMC is very aware of this and would have it
in the 'if you are running WebLogic, here are the 'special' things you need to
do' section of their docs.

But...now it's documented in this forum and anyone else that has problems
shouldn't need to bang their head against this particular wall for 2 days like
I did.