From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of remedy lee
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 2:25 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Email link Search Incident but don't want Results Window

Hi,

I have a working email link using

http://midtierserver/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=HPD%3aHelp+Desk&;
view=Guest+View&server=remedyserver&username=guest&pwd=guest&qual='Incid
ent%20ID*'%20%3D%20%22#Incident
Number#%22

This link works great as it automatically logs in with the guest id
and goes to a custom view I made for HPD:Help Desk
The custom view shows just enough information on 1 screen for the
customer to see.

However, this link does a search to find the Incident Number and
therefore brings up the search results window.
That search results window shows more info than we'd like.
For example, it shows Assignee, Priority, Assigned Group, etc.
We don't want the end user to see those details.

If I remove the columns from the Result Fields on HPD:Help Desk, it
removes it from all views.

Is there a way to just go right to the ticket from the email link
without it bringing up the search results window?
Or is there a way to hide that column just for customers?

Thanks

_______

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended
only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication,
or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy or
delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If
you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.