  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Mueller, Doug
  Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:29 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: Tracking down deleted records

  **
  Rick,

  One thing you can do to prevent anything from being deleted
inappropriately...

  Put a filter on the form that runs on delete and returns an error.  This
will prevent any delete from occurring.
  Now, it will cause whatever process it is part of to fail which may give
you the clue as to where it is coming
  from.

  Additionally, you can put a filter that runs at a lower execution order
and end it with `!  (backquote followed by
  exclamation point) to tell the filter to run "out of phase" because you
want it to run regardless of error which
  is going to happen in the next filter that is at a higher order.  This
filter would send a notification to you
  that can include things like the time and USER NAME and CLIENT TYPE and
other information to try and
  identify who and from what type of client and any other information like
this is trying to delete so you can
  have that as further debugging information.

  So, this will protect your data and get you a starting point for isolating
what is triggering the operation that
  is messing up your data.

  I hope this helps.

  Doug Mueller