From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Rick Westbrock
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Tracking down deleted records

**
Hello all, long time no post for me. I have run into a new problem this week
that I haven't seen in the eight years I've been developing Remedy here and I
need some advice on how to track down the root cause. I have a regular form
where suddenly we have seen two records just disappear. We disable deletion of
records except for administrators and I checked all active links and filters
for this form and nothing there would cause a deletion.
I checked my log options for server events but there isn't anything there to
log deletions. Is there an easy way to trap on a record delete and log it? The
only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to add a filter that fires
on record delete that will notify me but that will only help catch problems
more quickly, it won't necessarily help me findĀ  the root cause.

I've gotten a bit rusty at ARS since I transitioned into a network engineering
role, hopefully all I need is a nudge in the right direction on this one.
App Server: ARS 7.0.1 on Windows 2000 Server
DB Server: MS-SQL 2000 on Windows 2000 Server

Thanks in advance,
Rick
Rick Westbrock, Network Engineer
PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.