**
You will want to use the reconciliation engine and you will need to modify your Identification rules to only computer systems that meet your criteria. My present customer is using ADDM 8.1 and the naming convention as well as the Product categorizations are interesting. Do you have Asset Management loaded? if you do I would suggest that you use it to review your computer systems. You can also open the form BMC_BaseElement that will allow you to select your specific dataset and CI Type to review you data.

I do have one question, how much experience do you have with CMDB?

-----Original Message-----
From: Samuel A. Morris <s...@up.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thu, Sep 9, 2010 8:06 pm
Subject: Re: Atrium Core Console Filter

**
Thank you for your reply Roger. Please accept my apology for being ambiguous in my question.

I have ran Discovery with the Tideway/ADDM appliance.

I've ran the cmdb sync from Tideway's Berkeley database and pushed it into BMC.ADDM.

For the CI Type Computer System, I have the 2000 or so servers, but I also have 4000 workstations, and other odds and ends that have been classified as Computer System. At this point, I wish to only take the actual Redhat, Windows, and Novell servers from BMC.ADDM and get them into BMC.ASSET.

Using the Atrium Core Console as I explained below, I had hoped to be able to list all of the Computer Systems that are in fact, Servers, and not list the Computer Systems that are workstations, etc. Once I can view the servers reliably, my next chore is to get them into BMC.ASSET via Reconciliation Job, or by whatever means is preferred.

Respectfully,
Sam

-- Sam Morris
Service Assurance
Union Pacific Railroad, Omaha NE
402-544-2443 (Office)
402-490-8775 (Cellular)
email: sam at up (-period-) com

Inactive hide details for Roger Justice ---09/09/2010 05:35:47 PM---** 1. You do not pull them in the integration with ADDM wilRoger Justice ---09/09/2010 05:35:47 PM---** 1. You do not pull them in the integration with ADDM will push them to the dataset that is either created with the ADDM inte

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

cc

Subject

Re: Atrium Core Console Filter

** 1. You do not pull them in the integration with ADDM will push them to the dataset that is either created with the ADDM integration of if this is the Tideway version you have to create the dataset per the instructions. The servers will be pushed to this dataset
snd to the CI type of computer system.