From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Joe D'Souza
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:39 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Cannot open catalog; Message number = 94

94 is a timeout error indicating that the email engine is up but timing out
when processing your queue. Is your email message form fairly large?

Check the number of records in your email form. I would do it from a SQL
query by doing a
select count(*) from AR_SYSTEM_EMAIL_MESSAGES;

I think that would be the name of the view but double check that... If you
have a fairly large number of records there running into hundreds of
thousands or millions, it could be a possible reasons why your email engine
is timing out. Maybe the search the email engine is using to search for
unprocessed emails is not using an index.

Check the indexes on the email engine form.. Create an index for the flag
which indicates whether or not the mails have been processed if there is
none on that field..

If there are indexes on that form on fields that might be qualified as ones
that are used for the search, I would suggest that you delete emails that
have already been processed and sent. They need not really be present in
that form anymore. They serve no purpose other than for an archive or an
audit purpose for troubleshooting email problems. But the disadvantage of
having it there outweighs the advantage..

You could write an escalation to delete these automatically that would
delete emails that have been processed over 30 days ago so you have records
of those that have been processed for the last 30 days.. I think a record of
about 30 days of processed emails is good enough for all practical reasons..

CANNOT OPEN CATALOG::

I'm assuming you are on UNIX. If you want to resolve this problem, make sure
that you have followed the instructions during the time of install of the AR
Server and email engine, of coping the cat files to a location recommended
and then changing the permissions of these cat files to that of the user
that runs the ARS. You do not need to move these files, you could just
create a symbolic link to these and give both the link as well as the files
the appropriate permissions..

Hope this helps...

Joe