Lisa,

I don't know if this relates to your setup:

When we redid our mail setup (but on ARS 6.0.1 on Solaris), we saw that "mbox" accounts would lock up on at least one type of error when I tested sending an email with an attachment that exceeded Db-Max-Attach-Size in ar.conf.

With IMAP, the error would only occur once, and the following messages would come through fine. I don't recall if the errored IMAP message was lost or not, but that probably seemed better than having our mail polling lock up - so that's one reason we went with IMAP. I don't know how POP or MAPI would work, or if that behavior was particular to our setup.

David