Looks like the process that was forked is not cleaning up after itself.  I
don't know much about your program other than it consists of a batch file
and a Java program.  Take a look at what the batch file and Java program
does, what resources it accesses, and make sure it cleans up after itself.

This are insightful:
http://forum.sysinternals.com/printer_friendly_posts.asp?TID=9098

I'd be curious to see the contents of the batch file.
Also curious if the Java opens any socket connections.