You have to do your Run Process in a Set fields action using the $PROCESS$
keyword.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Remedy
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 3:06 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Delayed Table refresh

Hey everyone.

Got a problem that I can't think of how to get around.

We have a Display-Only form that when it is opened, it triggers an active link
that in turn executes a Run Process that runs a PL/SQL script on the server.

This script basically runs through our CMDB and populates a table in the
database with some data.

On the Display Only form that was opened, we have a table that shows data from
a View-Form that is based off the table that was populated by the
script/Run-Process.

The only way to display the results is by manually doing a refresh on the table.

I have tried issuing a table refresh after the Run-Process, but it seems this
occurs before any data has been populated by the script.

How do I put in a delay before the table refresh happens, or keep refreshing
the table till the data shows up.

I could use an active link guide that keeps doing a SQL call looking for the
results and when found, exit the guide and then do the refresh, but that would
be a performance issue I would think.

 The script does populate a row at the end, which is used as a signal that the
script is done.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be a big help. The script is doing the
equivalent of an impact analysis for a specified CI. Our structures are complex
and have a lot of rules as what will impact something else.

We are running 7.1ARS and CMDB 2.1 on a Solaris OS with an Oracle 11 database.

Thanks,

Brent...