I think Gordon Frank has some v2 info. He is planning on dropping by to see
you in DC today.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Mueller, Doug
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:33 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Assistance on a history project

**
Everyone,

Well, I have gone through all my BMC internal resources.  I have reached out
to ex-employees.  And, I have
contacted a few of you directly who might have had some things I am looking
for.

Now it is time to throw open the floodgates and see if any remaining items
that I am looking for are out there
somewhere and I can get ahold of them.

The project is a history project.  During the transition from "the dark days
of the unnamed" to BMC, some
archives never made the transition.  These are archives of documentation and
released software images of
various versions of the AR System and applications.

We have everything from 3.0 forward.

However, pre-3.0, we have some challenges.

Documentation:  We have AR System documentation from 1.1.5 forward and for
1.0.  We are missing things
between 1.0 and 1.1.5.  That should be 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.3  (there was
no 1.1.4).

As far as applications, I am looking for anything for the 1.0 Templates
(that is what they were called in the
early days) and from 2.0 timeframe documentation.

Release images:  We have everything from AR System 3.0 forward and have 1.0
user clients (need server and
admin clients), 2.1.1, 2.1.3, 1.2.4 (Unix only).  So, there are quite a few
missing.

As far as applications, we think we have 1.0 templates (having some issues
with the CD, but we think so but
if you have, we may need a second source) and then things 4.0 and later.

If any of you have any of the documentation for releases I have mentioned or
CDs or tapes or floppies (yes,
back in the 1.x timeframe it was floppies and even into the 2.x timeframe)
for the released software that I
have mentioned -- AND you are willing to share......  Please send me a note.

BMC will be happy to cover all shipping costs to us, we will copy things,
and then return the originals back
to you.

Yes, this is an unusual request -- didn't we build the software so don't we
have images of everything?  Well,
we should, but we recently found out that things got lost a bit in the
acquisitions of 2001 and/or 2002.

So, if any of you have done a better job of hanging onto copies of things
than we have for the various versions
that we have holes for, we could use your assistance.

Please send a note to doug_muel...@bmc.com if you have anything from our
missing set.

Thank you in advance for your assistance (or apologies in advance for taking
your time and a minor amount
of list bandwidth to ask if you don't have anything).

Doug Mueller
CRA (Chief Remedy Archeologist)