Hi Folks,

Well, I figured it out, but I still don't understand why it works the way it
does.

I created a new "regular" form and a new join form and I was able to include
the "Group List" field from the User form. So that told me that there was
something weird with my other forms that was preventing it from working
correctly.

So I saved a copy of my problematic join form, added the "Group List" field and
then started to methodically delete other fields from the join until it saved.
Turns out that it was the "Password" field (102) from the User form that was
causing the collision. If the password field was not present, the join would
save. If I added it back in so that the "Password" and the "Group List" fields
were both present, I would get the 9070 error again. If I changed the FID of
the "Password" field on the join form before saving, choosing a FID in the
5368709xx range, then it would save. So I have a workaround, but I still don't
understand why it works this way. Any insights?

Thanks.
Larry