It has to match the version in the compatability matrix.  The Remedy server
uses the native libraries from the oracle client (OCI).  The server
dynamically links to these native libraries.  If the version/interfaces do
not match, the dynamic linking will not work.  Take this ldd (dynamic link
resolver) as a reference:

remedy@x remedy$ ldd /a/b/c/bin/arserverd
        /usr/lib/sparcv9/libumem.so
        /usr/lib/secure/64/s9_preload.so.1
*        libclntsh.so.10.1 =>
/a/b/c/remedy75/local/oracle/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1*

Axton