From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Brittain, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:44 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Oracle Client Question

**

Hi All

I am building a 7.5 server on Linux with Oracle 11g. The compatibility
matrix states that only the Oracle 10gR2 client can be used. None higher or
lower. Is that true? This does not make sense to my DBA and I don't have a
good explanation for him. Anyone know why this is? Has anyone successfully
used the 11g client with the 11g server?

Thanks

Mark

Mark Brittain
Remedy Developer
NaviSite
mbritt...@navisite.com
(315) 453-2912 x5335 (Office)
(315) 317.2897 (Cell)

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein,
to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.