Mike,

For our server side import scripts we usually use an admin account to avoid
this type of error.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of White, Michael W (Mike)
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 12:39 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: 7.6.03 dataimporttool userid validation issue (9093 error)

**

Arslist,

                We upgraded from 7.0.1 to 7.6.3 about a week and a half ago
(Oracle 10g database on a Solaris 5.10 server).

                We have a few applications that import external data to
various forms, controlled by records in a central form.  User attaches
external file to control record and sets an "import" check-box field.  A
triggered Filter detaches the file to our server and executes a script to
run the import, providing necessary arguments.  In some applications, we use
-u and -p import options for userid and password.  When we do, we're now
seeing 9093 errors - User is currently connected from another machine.  Only
for non-administrator userids, regardless of fixed or floating write license
type.  Presumably it's due to the IP addresses of the user's workstation and
our server.

                We're tried the -v option to "force override" (Integration
Guide, p. 243), but it didn't seem to have any affect.

                By any chance, have any of you seen this behavior?  Thanks
in advance for any light you can shed.

Mike White

EMail michael.wh...@verizon.com

Office 813.978.2192