Far gentler than they currently deserve.

Rick

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
> Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 10:13 AM
> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> Subject: Re: RESOLVED: 7.6.03 dataimporttool userid validation issue (9093
error)

> ** You got a ticket resolved with BMC Support? I am impressed! Of course,
you probably did most of the heavy lifting yourself, right?

michael.wh...@verizon.com<mailto:michael.wh...@verizon.com>> wrote:
> **
> LJ,
>
> I just worked a ticket w/ BMC on this to be sure. Server-side
dataimporttool won't work for non-administrator userids if already logged-in
to Remedy, which is the case if you trigger the import via workflow.
(Posting to clarify for anybody who may be interested - it's painful to get
a straight answer from BMC support).

> We have an application that needs Submitter set to the importing user, and
we want to keep Submitter-mode locked. As a workaround, we implemented a sed
script to edit a copy of the import map file, substituting $USER$ with
current userid; then use the map file copy instead of the original in the
java call. Cheesy, but workable.

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG<mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>] On Behalf Of LJ LongWing
> Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 3:06 PM
> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG<mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
> Subject: Re: 7.6.03 dataimporttool userid validation issue (9093 error)
>
> **
> Mike,
> For our server side import scripts we usually use an admin account to
avoid this type of error.

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG<mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>] On Behalf Of White, Michael
W (Mike)
> Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 12:39 PM
> To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG<mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
> Subject: 7.6.03 dataimporttool userid validation issue (9093 error)
>
> **
> Arslist,
>
> We upgraded from 7.0.1 to 7.6.3 about a week and a half ago (Oracle 10g
database on a Solaris 5.10 server).

> We have a few applications that import external data to various forms,
controlled by records in a central form. User attaches external file to
control record and sets an "import" check-box field. A triggered Filter
detaches the file to our server and executes a script to run the import,
providing necessary arguments. In some applications, we use -u and -p import
options for userid and password. When we do, we're now seeing 9093 errors -
User is currently connected from another machine. Only for non-administrator
userids, regardless of fixed or floating write license type. Presumably it's
due to the IP addresses of the user's workstation and our server.

> We're tried the -v option to "force override" (Integration Guide, p. 243),
but it didn't seem to have any affect.

> By any chance, have any of you seen this behavior? Thanks in advance for
any light you can shed...

> Mike White
> EMail michael.wh...@verizon.com<mailto:michael.wh...@verizon.com>
> Office 813.978.2192