The best way to achieve this is to export the CI's into a CSV.  Then use AIE to
bring them from excel into production.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of John Doe
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:47 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: CMDB dev to production

**
Hi all,

I am in the process of trying to figure out how to migrate the CI's in our dev
CMDB to production.  We have appoximately 100,000.

Our production CMDB is an exact copy of our dev CMDB minus our actual CI's.  We
are just trying to migrate all of our CI's from the dev CDM to the production
CDM.

I have given thought to AIE (using it to connect to an external database) or
using BMC Migrator.  Essentially, we would be transferring CI's from one 7.6
remedy system(dev) to another like remedy 7.6 system(prod).  SQL Server 08 on
Windows.

We are currently utilizing other modules in production system with active users.

Any ideas?

Thank you