From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pruitt, Christopher (Bank of
America Account)
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 2:13 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError issue

Hello Fellow Listers.

We are trying to up upgrade our Mid-Tier server from the original release of
7.1 to 7.1 patch 9. We are stumped as to why we are getting the
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

We have tried everything we can think of. We upgraded the memory on the
server to 12 gb, per BMC support recommendation.
We set the java heap as follows: "D:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_14\bin\java" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -classpath
We tried to go beyond 1024m but the java would not run or the ServletExec
would not recognize it, not sure which was the case.

We are stumped here. Submitted a ticket with BMC Support and they are
offering no help at all. In fact, they stated the following: "ServletExec
has been discontinued by New Atlanta, and we provide no longer support for
this product..."

Great reply from BMC support, just great. They recommend we remove it and go
to Tomcat. We wish we had the option but we don't. We are moving to new
servers and we will have the option to go with Tomcat but  that is 9 to 12
months away, at the earliest. So can anyone tell me what else we can do or
try to get this working?

Our environment.
The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2650 running Windows Server 2003 5.2 on x86
with 12 gb of Memory running with the Physical Address Extension set. We are
running New Atlanta ServletExec 5.0.0.10. The server is running java.version
1.5.0_14 - java.runtime.version 1.5.0_14-b03. The server it is connecting to
is a UNIX Sun OS5.9 running on Oracle 10g.

Christopher Pruitt
HP Enterprise Services
Bank of America Account | CIA - Integrated Applications | IW Infrastructure
Team
+1.972.605.7702 office | christopher.pru...@hp.com

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org