I was about to say that as well when I saw Axton's email.. GC does help improve
performance on JVM’s..

Joe

From: Axton
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 3:39 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError issue

** http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/hotspotfaq-138619.html#gc_heap_32bit

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Axton <axton.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

  You need to increase the max heap size (Xmx).  You should be able to increase
this to 1400mb without issue on Windows using a 32-bit JRE.

  Axton

  On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Martinez, Marcelo A <marc...@cpchem.com>
wrote:

    I had a similar issue with Mid Tier 7.6.03 .. I had originally set the java
heap size to -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m.
    Got the issue fixed by setting the java heap size to -Xms256m -Xmx1024m.