Hello,

I'm referring to the load balancing document and I think there may be some
confusion.

The document states the sticky bit isn't required for the LB between MIdtier
and AR System server, but I can not see (and forgive me for not fully reading
the document in detail) any reference to the LB in front of the Midtiers and
the sticky bit. I therefore conclude that the LB in front of the Midtiers needs
the sticky bit set because the Midtiers do not cluster.

Further to that, the Midtier web.xml file doesn't contain:

<distributable />

Which as you can see in this page:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

(Under clustering basics)

needs to be included for Tomcat (and other servlet engines) to distribute
sessions.

John

--
Single Sign On for AR System