From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of John Baker
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 12:16 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: 7.6.04 - Load balancing

Hello,

I'm referring to the load balancing document and I think there may be some
confusion.

The document states the sticky bit isn't required for the LB between MIdtier
and AR System server, but I can not see (and forgive me for not fully
reading the document in detail) any reference to the LB in front of the
Midtiers and the sticky bit. I therefore conclude that the LB in front of
the Midtiers needs the sticky bit set because the Midtiers do not cluster.

Further to that, the Midtier web.xml file doesn't contain:

<distributable />

Which as you can see in this page:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

(Under clustering basics)

needs to be included for Tomcat (and other servlet engines) to distribute
sessions.

John

--
Single Sign On for AR System