I have actually come across a lot of people who call that a backslash.. Traditionally I have learnt that "\" is a backslash while "/" is a forward slash or just a slash.. But on a number of occasions I have come across individuals who mean "/" to be a backslash which I found strange too as it doesn't even 'appear' to be like leaning backwards against the flow of text - except maybe if you are writing Arabic....

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Sanford, Claire Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 1:13 PM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: MiniRant - BMC WBT Courses for "BMC Remedy AR System 7.6.04: Foundation - Part 1 (ODL)"

This is going to be fun!

They are calling this   " / " a backslash!

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanford, Claire
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 12:04 PM
To: 'arslist@ARSLIST.ORG'

OMG WTFreak! The inconsistencies in the first section of the class are driving me crazy. They have clearly taken the class for 7.6.3 and TRIED to modify it for 7.6.4!

What they have done is almost like a find and replace.

So far:

They talk about being able to use the User Tool and the Web Based Client.
Many screen shots are clearly version 7.6.3 When they talk about ODL time, in one place it says 3 days, one it says 4 and when you register it says 5 days. The sucky part is that they all include weekends. So if I start taking the Lab on a Friday, I am stuck doing it on Saturday and Sunday too. The only real benefit to these classes is that the company does not have to pay for any travel.

Then again, I am in Houston, why doesn't BMC offer these classes in their own town!

I'll be continuing my rant as I complete my modules.