All,

We have a dilemma with the current multi-tenancy design of ITSM (we're
using ITSM 7.5.01).

We require multi-tenancy for multiple operating companies to restrict
access of IT support staff members from seeing incidents in another
operating company.

However, by implementing multi-tenancy and un-checking unrestricted
company access causes other unwanted side affects due to Assignee Groups
(112) permissions, namely the following:

1.      Incident Management - Users can NOT see all customer companies
in the Customer company drop down list. We need or IT support staff to
be able to open an incident for any defined customer companies and not
just operating companies they have access permissions to.
2.      Problem Management - Vendor Tab - Vendor Name will not list
vendor companies unless you have access permissions to the specified
vendor company.

In a large enterprise scenario with a large centralized service desk it
is impractical to keep the CTM:people company permissions updated for IT
support staff in the service desk with access to all Customer and Vendor
companies.

Currently my workaround is to use Data Import tool to update assignee
groups (112) to "Public", but this is frustrating too, since now I have
to add this to the process whenever adding customer and vendor
companies, as well as to the customer and vendor company people.

Does any one else have this frustration with multi tenancy and non
"unrestricted" people? Does anybody have any suggestions or know if this
behavior changes in 7.6.04?

Does anyone know of a best practice solution for allowing unrestricted
access to Customer and Vendor companies but not operating companies?

Thanks in advance. In the mean time I'll open an RFE :-)

Regards,

Andrew Goodall

Software Engineer 2 | Development Services |  jcpenney . www.jcp.com
<http://www.jcp.com/>  |

intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and <br>may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended<br>recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is
unauthorized, and any review, dissemination,<br>distribution or copying of this
message including any attachments is strictly prohibited.   If you are
not<br>the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.<br><pre>