This previous thread may apply:

http://ars-action-request-system.1093659.n2.nabble.com/People-belonging-to-Multiple-Companies-Data-Management-Tool-Spreadsheet-People-td6078544.html#a6078822

New in AR System 7.6.0x is hierarchical groups:

'Hierarchical group relationships for access control

You can now define a parent-child relationship between access control groups to
simplify permissions management. When this is defined, and when the object
properties allow for permission inheritance, object permissions assigned to the
child group are also granted to the parent group. A group hierarchy can also be
applied dynamically during row-level security processing to grant permission to
a parent group, if the appropriate object properties are enabled.

See the Form and Application Objects Guide, "Using a parent group for
permissions inheritance."'

17-Aug-2010 What’s New: BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.6.03
PDF<http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/80/99/168099/168099.pdf>

-David J. Easter
Manager of Product Management, Remedy Platform
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.