Hi Folks,

You may recall my dismay and disappointment upon discovering that several of
the Mid-tier user interface objects did not work on iOS (Apple touch-screen)
devices. I was bemoaning this problem to a colleague a few weeks ago and he
suggested that it might be possible to make it work by tweaking some CSS or
Javascript. I was skeptical but he was insistent and offered me the "use" of
Garrison Locke, of one of his staff to take a look. After I showed Garrison
around the environment and demonstrated the problem, he too was skeptical.
But he persevered and a couple of hours later, he had it working! He made
modifications to seven lines of Javascript across two files and now it all
works. I can select menu items from drop-down menus, select rows from tables
and results from the results browser.

I am not sure of the rules and/or ethics of posting changes to BMC
Javascript files but if you are interested in what he did, feel free to
contact me off-list. I did check with my BMC support folks (ColumnIT) and
they said that it is Ok to modify the Javascript files. Just make sure that
you understand that patches and upgrades will overwrite your changes and
they will have to be reapplied or re-worked.

Hope this is helpful.
Larry