ARS Prod 7.5 gives a pause/delay after > 40 min of inactivity in the user too

Hi, first post! I recently inherited a Windows-based Remedy system, even
though
I am a Linux guy. For Remedy there is  consistent pause / delay  in ARS Prod
7.5 from
 the user (client) tool (you see the circle,  seems like a “hang” ) for
about
 20-25 seconds – not randomly, but   after a period of inactivity  while
leaving the Remedy client open. The inactivity period  can range anywhere
from overnight to only  40 minutes. It could be an hour but it appears to be
40 minuts.  It for sure is not there for an inactivity period less than 40
minutes.
 Also,  the particular  Remedy app does not seem to matter (e.g. problem
tracker
 or helpdesk, etc). This seems to have been first noticed for users  around
the time
 of an IT network segmentation project & Firewall (they are running a Palo
Alto
networks firewall but not enforcing any rules). I thought that was the cause
initialy,
 but I can replicate the same problem on my laptop  just by plugging into
the same
 Juniper switch as the server. Ports are all default settings. Most/many
other
settings are default (vanilla). It is a Dell R900 on Windows Server 2008.
Dell has
 examined the DSET and found nothing glaring except slightly old drivers,
bios etc.
 Event viewer, is clean, SQl server seems fine. We are actually pursuing
various
  "hypothesis" but I don't want to pre-bias anyone. I can elaborate in a
future post.
 I am working with BMC support but so far there is no magic bullet and I am
conducting futher tests but looking for inuput.  BMC says that waits like
this under
 1 minute are considered normal- however they are still working with me. Our
users
 probably wouldn't care about this, except it did not happen at all until
about
3 weeks ago, so telling them that this is "normal" doesn't work. The current
"workaround"
 is to tell users to just log off and on a lot instead of leaving their user
tool open all the time.
 Many of these people are support analysts and engineers, probably about
10-30 people,
 maybe 40 on at one time?  I have searched this forum and can't find this
exact issue.

Configuration:
Dell R900 w/ 32 GB of Memory, single tier Win 2008 Server 64 bit, SQL serve
2005.
  All on a single box/ server. This problem is happening through the ARS 7.5
User tool
 (thick client) nobody uses the mid-tier (web client) although I will be
trying to replicate
  this on the web-tier next (as well as with the thick client on our test
system)