From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On
Behalf Of remedymarv [marvin.he...@gmail.com]
Sent: 29 June 2011 19:02
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy User Tool has 20 second delay after a period of inactivity
> 40 minutes

Update:

As part of troubleshooting, I had already ruled out the license type. I
determined that the issue happens for users with  both fixed and floating
licenses. Thanks for the reminder to check for the "Floating Licence
Timeout". I checked that, just in case, and it is set to 2 hours, so is also
not the problem. I even had looked into the parameter called "Currency Ratio
Cache Refresh Interval / Client Refresh interval" and Remedy support told me
it only has to do with calculating currency".  There was also a thread which
I can't find where someone having the same issue hacked the Windows registry
to create a KeepAlive DWORD so the Windows server itself refreshed the TCP
connections under 60 minutes, to avoid the issue.

However the most viable explanation currently is that there is some piece of
network equipment, either our Palo Alto networks firewall, or some other
device that is ending the sessions at 60 minutes. Our Firewall administrator
has a ticket into the vendor and is pursuing that route. Will keep you
posted. Remedymarv.