>From the output you are seeing in the log, the system has not recognized the
parameter.  I suspect if you look at an export file, you will find $Change_ID+$
in the definition.  You should not see that.  If the system recognized this as
a field, it would have translated the name to an ID in the stored definition.

A couple of different possibilities:

1) There seems to be an inconsistency in capitalization in your discsussion
   below.

   At the start you show the command line to be ..... $change_id+$

   In the run example, it echos  $Change_ID+$

   Depending on your database and case sensitivity, these are two different
   names.  Do you have your capitalization right?

2) The fact that the word is Change_ID+ leads me to believe that this is a
   label.  Is the DB name of the field you are trying to map the same as the
   label?  Definitions in workflow key off the field NAME not the LABEL.

3) Have you tried using the field ID instead of a label/name for the field
   in question.  Something like  $988203489$  (whatever the ID is of course).

   This eliminates all possible confusion about case, name/label, spelling, or
   whatever.

I hope these offer some pointers to what might be the issue for you.

Doug